Friday, September 2, 2011

stories

I try not to do this very often, ya know, write about writing.

It’s one of those things that everyone will tell you not to do, but sometimes it is necessary …

Over the past few days I have had the pleasure of the story coming back to me. I am almost ashamed to admit it, but I let it go for a while, worked on something new for the past few months. It took my head out of the place I had been when I began the story and went out towards something new and different, and when I say new and different, I really mean it. I went from a story about love, death and pain with a healthy dose of vamps and weres to a story about life and love conquering all.

It worked for a while, in fact it’s been almost a year since I have had two scenes come to me within such a short span of days, and I am so grateful to have the story back, but I do wonder why this happened … was work getting in the way of writing? Was it my health? My children’s health? Or some other aspect of my day to day life that took away too much energy to even want to think about writing that story? Or was it just that my head was just too full of things that go bump in the night? Was my day to day interactions influenced by how the characters in my head would view events? Did my day to day interactions become skewed to meet the story? … That’s probably bit more in depth than I currently have the time to contemplate, and definitely too much information to share on any blog, but there must be some truth within all of the above, there must be, right? Otherwise why would I be thinking about it, especially in this moment when I have the space to write something for the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment