Sunday, November 27, 2011

tree verse


the trees are talking to me again

i ask them: tell me no lies?

they say they do not know what a lie is

and i breathe in a sigh of relief

as the cold wind blows through my hair

and whips around their branches

across crystalline blue skies

i gaze in awe of their beauty

and wonder if everyone saw them

through my eyes would they continue

to chop off their limbs, sever their roots

would they continue to clear the land of them

if they noticed the stories they had to tell


the trees are talking to me again

and i fear i am the only one left

who will listen

2 comments:

  1. They talk to me, too. Especially at Temenos - where they ask me where have I been all this time. (I lived there for a month many many years ago. Still do, I guess)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've noticed that once you make yourself known to them, the trees never forget you, and they always forgive you for your absence :) but they might not understand ;)

    ReplyDelete