Saturday, November 12, 2011

3 x 3

On Thursday night, Kathy gave us this prompt: write down three images from your day.

Apparently my mind had a bit more than three that needed to be placed on the page!

  1. The brightest, clearest blue you’ve ever seen, puffy white clouds streaming across the sky above the deep green of the pine trees to be rushed away within minutes as the gray clouds of a storm roll in for the day.
  2. Sitting down at a small table in an elementary school classroom trying to explain to my son’s teacher that my son has no barriers, everything that is happening around him, hits him as deeply as if he himself was involved – how do you give him a defensive wall? and why would I want him to stop feeling towards those around him?
  3. Walking into my warmly lit house, the warmth and love enveloping me after I just spent an entire day trying to pretend that nothing that was said had anything to do with me, it’s just a job, it’s just something that I do to earn money. It is not my life.
  4. Seeing another Shutesbury herbalist in the store and she said to me, ‘oh, I’m surprised to still see you here! I thought you were going to take some test to go back to school. And by the time I got to the end of my conversation I finally realized that yes, I will be able to pass those damn MTEL exams the next time I take them!
  5. Wondering why on earth that my brain forgets that every month my body feels like a balloon full of jelly.
  6. Thinking, oh my gosh! within a week I will be able to wear my wedding ring again! I haven’t been able to do that for years! But I still do not understand why the other two rings that my husband gave me still fit perfectly – how does that make sense?
  7. Looking at the cookies and thinking, I’ve already had a chocolate raspberry croissant and almost an entire bag of dark chocolate covered pretzels, should I really be eating more chocolate? And while we are on the subject of excess, just how many cups of coffee, chai and steaz have I had today? I really should have gone for a cup of calming tea, but the call of the coffee was just too alluring …
  8. And, yes, for those of you who are wondering, I am avoiding writing anything for the story. I have no idea why, other than the fact that my world has been in chaos for the last two weeks, but honestly, at this point, when is my world NOT in chaos? And shouldn’t I be used to the random acts that fate likes to twist into my path? Shouldn’t I be used to the blind corners, and leaps of logic? One would think so, and indeed I was beginning to think that that would soon be the case, but apparently it is not because I am still awaiting for that time of peace and bliss when everything makes sense, and my world exists within the dimensions of my own personal view of the universe and the only random acts that occur to me and mine are ones of gratitude and kindness.
  9. One of these days I’m going to go on one of those fancy smancy writing retreats in which I do nothing, for days on end except write something for the story. In some ways it’d be great if I could do that up at Temenos, but knowing that everyone is all just down the hill from where my cabin is may not work out as well as I want it to, and then there’s the thought that that really is the best way to do something like that – it’s close, it’s secluded, and mostly importantly it’s cheap! Summer would definitely be best since I have almost no tolerance for being cold and while I have finally learned to start a good roaring fire it may not be that much fun to be solely responsible for my heat source, so summer it is, but wasn’t I going to hike to Mount Monadnock next summer? I suppose it’s possible to do both, but the question is: do I hike the trail alone? Or do I ask someone to go with me? Ooh! Maybe I should hike that trail as a birthday present for myself? Hmmm … Wonder if my husband would let me ditch him and the kids for a few days to do that? Ooh! I could even get some writing done then!

No comments:

Post a Comment