Friday, June 17, 2011

phasing shapes

i am a woman of many phases,
many shapes,
many sizes.

i can fit
into any space
you give me,
unless you try
to shape me
inside a space
i don't want to be.

then i'll push and pull
and if that doesn't work
i'll yell and hit
and if that doesn't work,
well, i'll take out my blade
and cut you,
or shoot you
with one of my arrows.

then i will take a step out
of the box you have created.

i will then take
another step back
and another
and another
until there is
a safe distance between us,
until my hand
cannot cut you,
until my arrows
miss their mark,
and only then
will i begin to listen
to your words,
only then
will i begin to trust
what you say is true,
but know
that at the merest hint
of raising a wall around me
i will bolt away,
out of the box
you wanted for me
and i am armed
against your next betrayal.

No comments:

Post a Comment