Thursday, July 14, 2011

the 11th year

It is the eve of my 11th year wedding anniversary and I think it’s possible we are coming full circle, or if not a circle, than an ever expanding spiral. I am awake as everyone else sleeps, waiting for my sister to arrive. She needed an emergency place to crash for the night, as she did the night before my husband and I were married.

The difference between tonight and the night then is that I do not have to write any vows, although since she’ll be here soon I do feel the need to rush, if only just to finish this before she’s here.

There are probably more oddities and vagaries that can be said about this evening. Suddenly, inexplicably finding myself working on a Thursday night, rather than in writing workshop is probably one of them. As is the notion of getting two tattoos next week, but since those things are not dependent on our wedding, I suppose they do not matter as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment