Wednesday, October 13, 2010

weights & measures of worth

for years i have been measured in the eyes of others and it is only recently that i have tipped the scales, weighted the balance to my advantage, and suddenly i find myself on the opposite side of the spectrum. no longer am i bothered by the glances of quick evaluation, no longer am i plagued by the measure others give me, no longer do i let their thoughts consume my mind.
that's not to say i do not notice, not even to say i do not feel the sharp pain of ridicule, but i now brush it aside because i know something that they do not.
it's my secret to keep, or it's my secret to tell.
i know what i am worth and on my own scale i am weighing less than i have in years, and this time, since i am actually eating food and maintaining this balance of my weight and size, then that's all that i need to keep in mind as those around me put me onto their scale of weight and measure.

1 comment: