Monday, July 26, 2010

palindromic age

recently i had a birthday.
i am now living within the 33rd year of my birth.
usually at this time of year, as the anniversary of my birth has come to pass, i take a look and review the events of the past year, and occasionally i've been known to even go so far as to update the synopsis of my life that i began to write when i was in high school. the reasoning behind the synopsis of my life was not a narcissistic endeavor, but the result of a creative writing assignment given to me by my english teacher and i have this crazy notion that once you start something, you don't let it go without a good reason. and since the only reason not to update the synopsis is laziness, or perhaps apathy, i'll keep it going for a few more years yet.
since that time, now over 15 years ago, i find that my birthday, rather than the turning of the calendar year, is also the time when i'm ready to evaluate the past and make goals for the upcoming year, so here are my year's resolutions:
  1. i will allow myself time to write outside of workshop, whether it be for personal results (like blogging or journalling) or time to work on the story i began 3 years ago, i will set aside time to write and/or time to type what was written in workshop into the computer when deemed necessary and relevant to blog/story
  2. i will go out for a walk, or a bike ride, or a trip in the kayak, or work on the farm at least once a week
  3. i will bring our children outside with me for at least one of the above endeavors
  4. i will drink more water
  5. i will stretch out my body when the muscles begin to tense, rather than letting them get tighter and tighter until it hurts to move them
  6. i will forgive myself if any of the above cannot be met each week
  7. i will ....



well, i was hoping to set 10 goals for this grand palindromic age, but it appears that 6 is my limit this evening ... guess i should forgive myself for that as well, and since tomorrow is another day chock full of exciting tasks and obligations, then i should stop typing right now, get off-line and get myself up to bed, especially since everyone else in my house is restful and sleeping ... seems a shame not to stay up and enjoy the quiet though doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment