Saturday, August 27, 2011

dreaming

the observations to be obtained from dreams is not my forte.
i'm usually one of those skeptics that say, repeatedly, to dream interpreters, not everything you dream about has relevance to your life. it can be a great creative muse, it can allow you time to digest everything that has happened, but as for offering you direction, or showing you a new point of view on events ... meh, thus far it has not held true for me ... until this morning!

the interactions i have had with a former co-worker have become more and more uncomfortable. she greets me as if we were old friends, but the reality is that she told everyone in her life that i stole her job. when i saw her at pygmalion's on thursday afternoon, it really through my mind for a loop, especially the way she greeted me! i stood there in shock, my mind not able to focus back to my task, which was to ask the tat artist to take a quick look at the work he did on me, i just stood there like a deer caught in headlights for 20 minutes! until she was behind the curtain and then my mind came back to me - ugh! - i really need to work on protecting myself from these types of weirdness!

... back to the dream ... the road i am currently traveling is in need of repair. there are no longer screws strong enough to hold the boards in place. there are no longer boards of the proper width for me to travel forward on. if i am not careful with my next step i am going to put others in danger, not just myself.

and in the final scene: despite my need to rescue any and all friends from danger, sometimes it's better to let them stay where they are because the road they need to travel is too full of confrontation for even me to deal with!

so, hooray! for dream interpretations!
(of course, since i do not actually read up on the meaning of dreams, perhaps i messed up the messages that were being sent by the images i saw, but for an amateur, the above is not too shabby!)


No comments:

Post a Comment