Sunday, March 4, 2012

snow covered mornings


There are some things that are unmeasurable, the span of a life, the time it takes one to rouse the body awake from sleep, the length of seconds it takes one to remember the tasks for the days ahead, and then there is the measurable things, the amount of time it takes to drive to work, the amount of time spent at work, the amount of time you are allowed for your breaks, but within those spans of time there is also time that is unmeasurable – the moment of realization that these tasks are not all that there is, there is more to life than moving from one thing to the next, there is the silence in the days, there is the beauty that one can behold of the snow covered trees, there is the falling snow through the fog covered landscape and not for the first time I have wondered if there is anyone else who stops their car in the middle of the road to take the photo that will hold this image in memory. Am I the only one who sees the beauty of the trees? Am I the only one who hears their words as I pass them by every morning? Am I the only one that greets them each and every day? Am I the only one?

1 comment: